Thursday, June 12, 2008

more beautiful scenery here in MO.... I am beginning to miss it already. I hope when I finally settle in, I will be able to show you some wonderful surroundings in Chicago. I already have (in my mind) planned places that I would love to visit. Navy Pier being one of them. When I lived in Chicago 12 years ago, before I got married, I loved to visit the pier. I love people watching and on summer days in the evenings they have music playing. For the 4th they usually have wonderful firework displays. The lake front is also a wonderful place to just hang out at. The fountain in downtown is another awesome sight. I remember one time waiting for an old boyfriend there. We would always meet up there as he lived in the northside and I was from the southside. memories, memories, memories. As I was going to work today all these memories were coming back. GOSH I know you are tired of hearing about my stories, but I am finally going back home. I am sure when I start visiting all my old stomping grounds all these memories will come back. Good and bad. The history that I had back then will all come a pouring. We all have past histories. I have a good one, but it's something I would like to forget and I know for sure that once down there my past is going to hit me right in the face. Stuff I will have to deal with. You know it's a small world. My father says it's a circle by that he means that it will come again. Sooner or later it always catches up.
I know for sure that it will! There is no more hiding from it. Even my mother will not be able to keep me safe from it like she always does. I will run into him and I will get tested. I am sorry I am an emotional mess today. I wish I could somehow get a thicker skin. Does anyone know where I can find one? TODAY has not been a good day. Some days I wonder if I could just run away somehow, I can hide myself and never be found. Of course I can't do that I have two children that need me.

I apologize again, but my nerves are acting up. I had to take my meds so that I don't get a panic attack soon. I can feel when they are coming on.

sorry!




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

lindaharre said...

I hope you are all right!!!!!!! Sounds like someone really hurt you:( Well, you are a wonderful woman now with a beautiful family and nothing can get in your way! Just remember no one can harm you unless you allow it (emotionally, that is). No one has the right to steal your sunshine! love, lin

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,
((((BIG HUGS)))))
In the immortal words of Janet, Miss Jackson,(if you're nasty, LOL!!), you are in CONTROL. You are a strong, EXTREMELY talented, creative, kind, & BEAUTIFUL woman who has a multitude of accomplishments to be proud of! Can I get an AMEN???
I agree 100% with Linda's point that no one can harm you emotionally, unless you allow it.
(That concept has just dawned on me,30 years later!)
What happened all those years ago was painful,complicated, & beyond heinous. But something wonderful came from it - your beautiful life with Jamie & the boys that you now have.
We can't let the "haters" & "drama" get in the way of our happiness. Everyone deserves to be happy, INCLUDING you!!!
So, when you return to Sweet home Chicago, you'll be able to share all your meaningful & happy memories with your precious boys. I, for one can't wait for you to come home. We have about 12 years of catching up to do! (((Big Hugs)))
With love & prayers always,
siempre tu amiga, Bobbie xoxo.

beth said...

when you find out where to get that thicker skin, let me know...I want to go get some, too !!!