Thursday, December 22, 2005

A ME story of my Christmas past

I wanted to share a real short story of a Christmas memory I have. It's really not because I remember it, but it's a memory I know because of an old picture my mom has. When I was little my parents lived in a two story apartment building that my aunt and dad owned back on the southside of Chicago on Loomis street....

It was a nice apartment. I guess just right for a young family with two young children. My mom and dad loved taking pictures and one of the pictures that I want to talk about is a CHRISTMAS picture that has always stuck in my mind.

I was all dressed up in a long flowy dress with my hair pulled up in a pony tail. My mother loved having my hair always combed and pretty. Hey, maybe that is the reason why I don't brush my hair anymore....... Okay, back to my story.....

This picture was taken in front of a Christmas tree that my brother and I, I am sure, truly thought was beautiful......... Well, at least that is how I believe my eyes saw it back then. This tree was not really a tree it was a BIG tree branch without any leaves that my parents cut from who knows where......... I am not sure if my parents did not have alot of money back then but to a child that did not matter........ I did not know the difference and I can tell by the smile on my face in the picture.........

I just wanted to share this memory with you because it's something that I always remember during the holidays. When you are a child the things that matter so much now don't matter then and as a child we are much more freer to believe and imagine.......................

Merry Christmas

No comments: