Thursday, March 06, 2008

There is no place like HOME!

Yes, the news is out.... CHICAGO here I come. St. Louis has been very good to me and my family of four. It's bittersweet, but GOD has decided that it's time to go home. I left Chicago 12 years ago. Had never left home before. I was excited to lead a new life happily married, free from my past and in love. A new beginning. To be honest it took me a while to get used to living in MO. I was a city girl. South Side Girl. Yes it was tough, but time passed and I began to love my life here as well. When my husband got a call a couple months ago asking him to interview for this new position I was shocked. Chicago.... You mean moving back HOME!....The home that I left 12 years ago. Back to the families and friends we left behind. YES of course....but when the news starts settling in your brain and the tears come...... why now? why now? What is ahead for us? Why are we going back now?

Don't get me wrong, I am happy to be going and I thank GOD everyday. There is a little part of me that wonders why now? I am not the same person I used to be. Will they like me? I have been away so long. Can I be a city girl again? Can I handle family problems? Will my friends like me as they used to before.

I am not that same girl that left Chicago back in 97. The girl that was never away from her element. The independent girl, the dancer, the rebel.

I am coming home a woman and I am bringing with me a family of four along with a dog. I am coming home a grown up girl that enjoys peace and spending time at home. I am coming home a soccer mom. A woman that has to deal with anxiety because sometimes she wears her heart on her sleeve and can't handle the stress of life.

My husband says this is a new chapter of our lives. YES it is I say........

So I tell you THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME! YES I am going back HOME.

Angelica
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

missy j said...

Wonderful news and I know everything will go great, and I think everyone will love you even MORE!
What an awesome adventure!

firstborn studio said...

oh angelica,
this is goood news for you...bad news for those of us who will loose you to the windy city!
you will have to visit our mutual atc friend carol m...she is in elmwood park!
stop in to rock paper scissors before you leave,i want to give you a farewell hug!

much love,
denise

Michel said...

I'm going to look at this as an opportunity to visit Chicago. I'm sure that soon after you get back it will be as if you never left. Don't forget you can always come back and visit your friends here, too. This is a beautiful pic of you, by the way.

barbe said...

oh how exciting for you!!!!! Its gonna be a great new chapter for you and the family.