Friday, August 26, 2005

I am full of stories

or do I just look into things toooo much. Well, I will share anyways. Last weekend (SUNDAY) my older son and I decided to get up early and go look for treasure at the WENTZVILLE flea market. Treasure for my son are baseball cards or any kind of rocks. For me it's any old pictures I can find especially if they are pictures taken in the 1920s.

So after an hour of going from table to table I turned to my left and saw a tall man talking to a fellow seller. I decided that I was not going to go to his table. No reason, I guess I just figured that he might not have what I was looking for. The lady next to him had so much stuff that surely she would have something I could buy. Well, she didn't so then for some reason something pulled me to the table of the man I had just past by.

Well, he did have what I was looking for. A few great pictures and two of them were what I was looking for. One has a girl around 6 or 7 of age with that bob haircut I love that was the usual for the 20s and the other was of this young lady standing in a yard with a very nice dress with a great hat on. So of course I bought them and I should of bought all the others. I can kick my --- now for not having done so.

So when I think of it now was the aura of the pictures pulling me that way. Did the pictures know that I would take care of them and love them and make good use of them. Who knows. All I know is that I love them and I did find treasure that day.......................... plus, a bag of some great peaches :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you are going to make something really wonderful with your new OLD photos! Don't forget to share them with the rest of the world.

la-de-marbella said...

Me alegro que hayas encontrado fotos bellas y antiguas. Saludos