Sunday, February 10, 2008

Auction Update

I attended a local auction Saturday. At first I debated if I should go, I have a bad habit of doing that. I get all excited and then at the last minute sometimes decide well maybe not. I am so happy I went. It was a great time. I didn't get to win that many things because there were some pretty hardcore bidders there. There were a couple of people that were bidding for the same things I wanted. I was outbid a couple of times. This is one of the old valentiens that I did win. There was this wonderful old scrapbook full of vintage valetine postcards... truly a treasure, but there were these two ladies that really wanted it... The scrapbook went for $50.00 and actually I only had $50.00 on me and there was lunch to buy and other great things to purchase so the ladies won it. They also won another hanful of postcards and then they also were bidding on another set, but they were outbid by a gentlemen that was interested in all things paper. I did get some milk glass and a few milinery hats that I will take pictures of soon. I won this great pink shabby round table and only got it for $2.50..... yes $2.50, but that is because there were no women out on the patio and the men did not seem to want a distressed pink table so I was the lucky winner...... all in all, fun was had and that's okay you can't win them all right?

There is always a next time!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

missy j said...

Looks like you did just fine! Sounds like fun. I may have to tag along some Sunday! Looking forward to more photos.
Missy