Sunday, December 02, 2007

With camera in hand


As you can see I have been practicing taking pictures. One of my first loves was taking pictures and developing my own film. Well, I had given up photography for a while. Recently, I decided to take it up again and this is the outcome.

I have been thinking that maybe it's time to start selling some of my art or maybe make postcards of my photography. I don't know where to start. Etsy maybe? My problem is that I can't get rid of the stuff I make so it's going to be hard.

I would love to sell at the flea market or at an antique store and maybe travel back and forth to Chicago. This is my dream. Don't know if it will come true, but like I told my friend Jennifer I am throwing out to the universe.....

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Becky said...

I think the post card idea is great. Actually, a lot of your images could be used in collage-How about making some collage sheets to sell? Check out the Paper Whimsy website, her sheets are excellent.
Love, B

lindaharre said...

I too love the postcard idea!!!! Maybe you could collage with your own photos:D I love what you have been doing photography wise but understand your dilemma.....maybe a little shop in Old St. Charles:)

lindaharre said...

A. What about greeting cards with your photos glued onto the front of the card? I used to get my watercolor cards at Art Mart. Made by Cannon and came with envelopes. Beautiful cards in vintage cream or white! I made my copies at Kinko's and then spray mounted on front. I used my watercolor paints as the subject matter but you could use your photos. Just an idea!

lindaharre said...

Don't mean to be taking over your comment box, BUT, what about an ETSY shop! They are pretty much free and you get advertisement on the Etsy pages if you have one. Brings more people to your site. This is the last post I promise:D