Saturday, September 15, 2007

auction findings





Wow! What a beautiful fallish day yesterday and that was great
because my first auction I attended was held outside in a nice IL country ranch.
When I got there I did not expect to see boxes and boxes and boxes of stuff. Actually, I
did not know what to expect. Above are a few pics that I took of some of the goods that belonged
to the previous owner.

The auction was great. I dragged my friend Donna from work with me and we had a blast. We get along
great and she loves junkin as much as I do. Well, I wouldn't call it junk because for me it's I guess the thrill of
finding something old and loved. I got caught up bidding and that is easily done especially when someone else
is wanting the same things you want.

It was fun though and here are a few pics that I took of some of my acquisitions. I did not get the tattered chair
even though I was tempted. I should of picked up the white chair next to it though. Not sure if it ever sold.

I did though get an old shabby picture frame that I have not taken a picture of (batteries need to be recharged). I am
so tempted to start selling some of my stuff at the flea.

Maybe soon enough..................
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those old daguerrotypes are great, Angelica. Sometimes if you carefully take them out, you can find information behind the picture. I bought some at one of my first auctions over 20 years ago.

lindaharre said...

Looks like we missed a great auction:( Check my blog out....we found a great new fabric shop! All my auction money, tag sale money, flea money, antique mall money was spent for MORE FABRIC.....hee...hee