Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Living with anxiety


don't know if you know this about me, but a year ago I suffered my first major anxiety attack. having gone through some life altering changes, I was not ready for the stress that was going to be thrown my way. Now a year later, taking myself off of medication, I still struggle, but I am trying hard to except it and try to live with it. being a perfectionist, I blame my mother for this, is my down fall. I hate making mistakes and when I do, that is when stress comes at me 100% causing it's return..... Praying has helped and laying off all that caffeine I was drinking. I still don't feel and probably will never feel at peace, but I try to live with it. I thought I would share just in case you might be suffering from this as well. YOU are not alone... just me!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lindaharre said...

What a gorgeous picture! I am sorry to hear that you battle with this.....I too had anxiety attacks when I was your age and a little younger....brought on by having 3 babies under 5 yrs. old and no help from their dad....add to that the perfectionist and you get the picture. My words to you are......you are in control!!!! I was on valium for years and it did help and didn't become addictive:) I was lucky......but I did do damage to my heart (thus the heart ablation I had in Feb.)(damage done by the stress I put on myself, not by the meds.) You can learn to calm down and let things go......it is hard, but possible! I am living proof. Force yourself to do for yourself and let other things go....at first this is uncomfortable, but after awhile it becomes normal:) You are such a sweetie......you need to take care of you so that you can be good to everyone else:D Love, Lin

Sandy Graeser Haynes said...

Angelica- Have you tried exercise ? Vigorous exercise causes you to redirect your energy in a positive way, rather than relying on medication. Being a perfectionist is hard to change.. Just keep things in perspective- life is too short to worry - I guess my advice is - I try not to take myself too seriously, anyway-- it helps me.

Your sepia image is absolutely beautiful !!!!!
http://www.roxywiththemoxy.blogspot.com sandy haynes

Jana B said...

YOU are also not alone. :o) I've battled anxiety and depression for most of my life, but only recently started taking medication for them. They have helped SO MUCH. I think they make my inner perfectionist take a nap now and then, so my sanity can remain intact. lol