Sunday, September 04, 2005

I fell in love yesterday

A couple of weeks ago at the Wentzville flea market, on one of our treasure hunting adventures, my son stopped at one of the tables that had very interesting rocks. My son LOVES rocks. He probably has two dresser drawers full of interesting rocks with crystals in them or some kind of fossil imprints.

Well, while we were looking at these rocks a man stopped to talk to us about rocks and how he collected them as a young man and how he still is interested in rocks till this day. He told us that a good place to go find interesting rocks was in GRAFTON, IL. Our adventures took us to Grafton yesterday.

Where the heck were we going to start looking for these rocks he told us about. I stopped at the information building really not knowing what to say or ask, she was nice enough to direct us to a dried up creek somewhere in town.

We decided to take the scenic route along the river all the way to Alton which was very pretty. Something that we usually don't do that often and we should. It was just a beautiful drive.

On our way to Alton I happened to look to the left and saw this cute little town and I told my husband to pls stop there on our way back.

This little town which is really a village is called THE VILLAGE OF ELSAH.................

IT WAS BEAUTIFUL...........I think I fell IN LOVE with this little village as soon as we turned into it. It has all these old homes with the white fences and cute little doors decorated with wreaths. It was just right out of a magazine. We stopped at this little park right in the middle of the village and we found a little creek with a bridge and of course we went on our rock hunting.

It was so peacful and quiet. I swear that you would love it if you went........... I don't know, but it left a big impression on me. I would leave in a minute to live there. I really enjoyed being there even if it was for a short visit.

Our adventure to GRAFTON, IL. for rocks became much more for me. If you ever take a drive to Grafton or Alton, IL remember to take a few minutes to go and see this cute little village. I swear I felt like I was in the twilight zone somewhere in another dimension.............

The VILLAGE OF SARAH......it's a good thing.............

1 comment:

la-de-marbella said...

Te comprendo y ojala pudiera visitar el pueblecito. Yo tambien estoy enamorada de un pueblecito espaƱol llamado "Alcudia".