Sunday, July 31, 2005

FUN filled WEEKEND

Wow!!!!!!!!!! What a weekend I had. It was truly a nice one and I have my husband and kiddies to thank. Early Sat. morning we got up, dressed up, packed up and we headed for an early morning of fishing. I have not been fishing in who know how many years. My husband and kiddies have taken up fishing as a hobby. I decided that this Sat. I would join them.

Well, we got to our destination over there on 40 and 94 at Bushes wildlife. They have tons of little lakes, but we were looking for lake #12 which is for kiddies fishing only. I really never imagined that I was going to have a blast. To make a long story short, my husband and I were the ones doing all the fishing. My kiddies lost interest I would say by the end of the first hour. They decided they wanted to catch grasshoppers instead. Here we take them fishing so that they can enjoy themselves and as usual they would rather be picking bugs.

Well, I kind of took over........ I learned how to put a hook in these cute little minow fishies. It took a couple of tries, blood did squirt out and my hands smelled very fishy, but I finally got it. Actually, now if I think about it, I was kind of killing these little fish. That really is mean, but I wanted to catch some fish and these cute little minows were the bate.

I caught maybe 3 or 4 fish and almost caught a turtle. They apparently love these little fish.

I did not really think I was going to have so much fun. I even brought a book and two magazines with me. Sincerely though, I had a wonderful time. We all had a wonderful time. It was time well spent and I hope my children remember yesterday when they are older. Just like the memories I have of my dad when he would take us fishing..............................

No comments: